On Apr 8, 2005 2:46 PM, Bill Guindon <agorilla / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2005 12:40 AM, vruz <horacio.lopez / gmail.com> wrote:
> > >    => Soylent::Green.is_a? People
> > >    => People
> > > sincerest respect and disappointment,
> >
> > http://freehost03.websamba.com/cinefania/pics/1/30552.jpg
> >

> I'm feeling a bit peckish, anybody have some crackers?

This thread is making me crackers.

Statistics for the Usenet Troll

Climate/Terrain:	Any Usenet newsgroup
Frequency:	Common
Organization:	Thread
Activity cycle:	Any
Diet:	Lusers
Intelligence:	Low (3-5)
Treasure:	None
Alignment: 	Chaotic evil (neutral)
No. Appearing: 	1
Armour Class: 	n/a
Movement: 	'c'
Hit Dice: 	100
THAC0: 	n/a
No. of Attacks: 	n/a
Damage/Attack: 	n/a
Special Attacks: 	See below
Special Defences: 	See below
Magic Resistance:	100%
Size: 	Exists as mental force only
Morale: 	Elite (14)
XP Value: 	1,800

The Usenet troll (Trollicus useneticus bloodyirritatingus) is an evil
mental parasite found in all areas of Usenet, where it preys upon the
brains of lusers (Homo stultissimus). Most clueful people avoid these
creatures, since Usenet trolls know no fear and attack unceasingly,
demanding responses from their prey.

Usenet trolls are immune to flames (Flammae useneticae), which is
unfortunate, as most will try to attack them with these first. In
fact, when a troll is attacked flames, it will actually be able to use
these flames to create more, which it will hurl back at its
unfortunate attacker. Long-lived trolls may be able to render an
entire newsgroup uninhabitable with all the flames it creates.

The only form of attack a troll has is its ability to incite
yourself against a troll is simply to ignore it. Deprived of
nourishment, it will soon starve.

Ancient legends (found in The Book of 1036) hint that a Usenet troll
may be vulnerable to the Spell of Cancellation, but this powerful
incantation would have to be applied swiftly after the troll's birth;
once engaged in battle, few survive unscathed.

--
spooq