On Apr 7, 2005, at 2:36 PM, pat eyler wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2005 12:19 PM, jc <james.cromwell / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> - Would this support programming both within or without an image,
>> choice up to the user?
>>
>> - From what I understand Smalltalk has a small VM written in C, with
>> the rest written in Smalltalk itself. Would your version be the Ruby
>> equivalent of this (VM with everything else in Ruby), or would there
>> still be some Smalltalk behind the Ruby?
>
> See the MetaRuby project:
>
> http://blog.zenspider.com/archives/metaruby/index.html (among other
> places)
>
> (Although this is about Ruby in Ruby, not Ruby in smalltalk)

I am aware of MetaRuby.  This project is also about Ruby in Ruby.
(Smalltalk is in Smalltalk.  But the VM doesn't care which
language/meta-language it is running!)

However, this meta-Ruby will run two orders of magnitude faster!

--
There's neither heaven nor hell, save what we grant ourselves.
There's neither fairness nor justice, save what we grant each other.