Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:13709] Re: methods and types"
    on 01/04/17, Dave Thomas <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> writes:

|This is not a thing that can be argued rationally. I was a strong-
|typing advocate for years, and was nervous when I used languages such
|as Smalltalk and Ruby.

More than 10 years ago, I was an evangelist of OOP with static typing.
Back then, the dominant OOPL was Smalltalk. C++ was immature that
lacked features it currently have (multiple inheritance and dynamic
cast for example).

Things have changed since then.  Most people become familiar with
static typed OOP via C++ and Java.  I become an evangelist of dynamic
OOP thru Ruby.

							matz.