I want to code up a CMS of sorts in Ruby that uses Subversion as the
backend.  However, the only simple interface to Subversion I seem to
have available to me is to call out to the Subversion command line
client, which is rather less than optimal.  I saw the Subversion SWIG
bindings in the Subversion repository at
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/
but when I tried to work with them, I couldn't figure out how to set
them up properly.

I kept getting "No such file to load -- svn/ext/core (LoadError)" when
trying to run run-test.rb

Has anyone out there had better luck with the ruby svn bindings or
does anyone know of a nicer ruby interface to SVN, preferably one
that's more "ruby-like"?  There also seems to be disclaimers about the
functionality of the ruby bindings in the Subversion documentation,
but not a lot of information about what doesn't quite work.  Just that
there might be some stuff.  Anyone know what's missing or not working?
--
Bob Aman