Kirk Haines wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>
>>I've looked at rubyforge:
>>
>>http://rubyforge.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=66
>>http://rubyforge.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=68
>>
>>just ActiveRecord and Og seem to be relevant for this evaluation.
>
> I have skipped a lot of this thread.  However, if you are talking about
> persistence layers, there are MANY more than that.
>
> Kansas (http://enigo.com/projects/kansas),

seems to be in development.

status: alpha.

-

http://enigo.com/projects/kansas/tutorial/why_use_it.html

contains SQL code.

missed requirement: transparency

-

product rejected.

> Lafcadio (http://lafcadio.rubyforge.org)

"It currently supports MySQL. in the future it will support a wide range
of databases."

missed requirement: support multiple databases.

-

product rejected.

>, Criteria ([not an ORM, but a layer for SQL
> abstraction] http://mephle.org/Criteria),

SQL-centric: rejected.

> Madeline, Pstore, and KirbyBase pop immediately to mind.

requirements: stable or at least a beta, transparency, multiple datastores.

?

(still, just ActiveRecord and Og pass the initial requirements)

--
http://lazaridis.com