Mathieu Bouchard <matju / sympatico.ca> writes:

> I think the most difficult part of writing a "Ruby for Java" interpreter
> is getting the parser right. Of course that parser should be written in
> Ruby itself. I think I could get my head around most of the rest.

How would you handle singleton methods efficiently: would every method
call have to go through a java Method? I'm not a classloader expert,
but are there also issues with things like:

   def labelIfZeroLength(param)
     if param.length.zero?
        def param.to_s
          "zero"

   a = []
   labelIfZeroLength(a)
   puts a  #=>  zero

In terms of the basic parse, I think Robert Feldt's will be
releasing his parser soon.

I agree that a Java version of Ruby would be wonderful, though.

Dave