On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, W. Kent Starr wrote:
> And, with all of _that_ said, it would _still_ be good IMO for Ruby to be
> able to address the JVM; perhaps then some of those experienced programmers,
> rocket scientists and mathematicians will be able to, subversively at first,
> merge Ruby into the system. :-)

I think the most difficult part of writing a "Ruby for Java" interpreter
is getting the parser right. Of course that parser should be written in
Ruby itself. I think I could get my head around most of the rest.

I also think a version 1.0 of that, probably shouldn't support Threads,
Continuations, nor Resumable Exceptions, but that's about all. About
everything else should be implementable. (i'd like to hear about
anything else that might be difficult to implement)

matju