I'm supposed to put together an Excel spreadsheet.  I've always been the
type of person who would rather write a script than use Excel, but in
this case I need to share data with people who use Excel.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get Ruby to create files that Excel can
read?  I suspect that I should be able to use the CSV module for doing
this.  Do I need to create a seperate header file or can the header be
placed at the top of the CSV file?  (I don't have Excel, so I can't test
this)

So for example, I need to make a spredsheet of students (columns) and
quiz/homework/test scores, something like:

desc      student1   student2   student3  student4
quiz1      80        92         78        87
hw1        85        90         81        91
test1      92        100        88        79
hw2        100       99         83        100
final      84        80         77        85

How would I set this up so that the CSV file written by Ruby can be read
by Excel?

I suspect that at the first line of the file I would need to be:
desc, student1, student2, student3, student4
correct?  Then I would use CSV to write out the data which I would
probably store in hashes.

Phil