Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Hello Rob,
>
> R> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> >> But I like to have the following:
> >> when typing:
> >>    talker.
> >> a list should popup, showing me the available methods and variables.
>
> R> I'm developing method autocompletion for the jEdit Ruby Editor Plugin,
> R> using the "if it quacks, it waddles" approach. Unfortunately you'll
> R> have to wait a couple of weeks for me to get it finished.
>
> Read his message again, he wants something like "if it exists, then it
> ...."

I think what I'm developing is close to what Ilias wants ...

Initially I create a cache of available modules/classes/methods. I
infer the possible classes of a variable based on how you've
previously used it, then provide a popup of all methods available on
the inferred set of classes. I have this roughly working at present.
Just need to write the code to keep the cache updated as you edit the
ruby files.

Cheers,
Rob
----