B. K. Oxley (binkley) wrote:

> I'm new to ruby-talk.  Why the pile-on for this fellow?  I looked
> through some of the material linked, and his most recent posts since I
> joined, and he seems "mostly harmless" (in the words of Douglas Adams).

Exactly true.  Nothing a decent bozofilter can't handle better than a
thousand snarky comments (ironically decrying the state of the newsgroup).

> I thought Ruby was the language for nice people.  Why all the snippy
> remarks?

Good question.  Please don't take this rash of churlishness as the norm
for ruby-talk.  There may be subsets of the Ruby community for whom
insults and flamefests are acceptable, but I believe they are in the
minority.

Thanks,

James