Hello All,

I'm starting to play with Ruby. So far I've installed cygwin+ruby,
ruby development tool (eclipse plugin) and I'm reading the Programming
Ruby (http://www.rubycentral.com/book/intro.html).

It was a nice start and I already found some nice stuff in the design
of the language.

My background is system integration using EJB, Messaging Service,
Transaction Monitor, etc.

I was wondering if Ruby already has something similar to the
Enterprise services provided by J2EE. Because from the material I
read, it seems to be a good language to write scripts (OK, I know that
it is not only a script language) and Web programming (Ruby on Rails).

What about Enterprise solutions? Is there any support? Would you take this risk?

What is Ruby really good for?

Best Regards,
Marco Campelo