On Apr 4, 2005, at 2:58 PM, Douglas Livingstone wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2005 9:29 PM, Tim Hunter <sastph / sas.com> wrote:
>
>> Don't know. Don't care. Do you think your application's
>> performance will
>> be dominated by array insertions and deletions?
>
> It does add confidence in your code if you have an idea in your
> head of how it will work ;)

I disagree. It doesn't add any confidence to my driving to know how
every little component inside the car works. I just want it to work.
Same with my code. Until something doesn't work the way it should, I
don't care how it does it under the hood. I operate on the assumption
that the language will take care of stuff (correctly) for me,
otherwise I'd code in assembler.