ed_davis2 wrote:
> I've gone through a Ruby tutorial, and have been writing some
> simple programs.
>
> But I have a question:  how would I implement a simple doubly
> linked list of strings in Ruby?  I have some data that I need to
> access as if it were an array, but I also need to insert/delete
> items frequently.  If I was using C, I'd just create a doubly
> linked list.  But I don't have a good idea of how to create one
> in Ruby.

Ruby arrays are incredibly more flexible than C arrays. You can insert
an element into an array _between_ two other elements.

a = [1,2,3]
a[1,0] = 4	=> [1,4,2,3]

You can delete an element from an array any number of ways. The
delete_at method works if you know the index of the element you want to
delete.