On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Seo ji won wrote:

> but what I want to do is something like this ( sorry, in python semantics,
> functions, ;-)

It's a change from the Perl-ish pseudocode. :)

> for i in range(0,100,5):
>     print i

0.step( 100, 5 ) { |i|
	print i
}

> p.s) How can I find such things?.. I've tried language/library reference,
> but in vain.

One of the nicer features of ri is that something like 'ri Integer' gives
you a list of the methods for an Integer object (it takes a little getting
used to if you come from Perl or Python to think of step or upto as
methods of an int) of which step looks like a good candidate.

--
Jonathan Conway 	   The thing about Unix is that all the hoops are
rise / knavery.net           flaming, so at least you know where they are...