Shalev NessAiver wrote:

> Would you utilize a service that offered Rails hosting for a fee
> averaging around $1 a month?  This would be a fairly
> fast machine running lighthttpd + FastCGI.  Bandwidth would not be very
> large, but it should be enough to support
> a small group based around that app.  This would serve as sort of
> intermediate, testing stage for your new soon-to-be-a-hit
> Rails app.

I'll answer too because I started one of those RHTs (Rails Hosting Threads).
From my point of view $1 seems very nice but also too little. It's too good
to be true, I can't believe you'd offer something good for that price. If
I'd see such advertisements I would think their scams.
From what I experienced I think that it's more important to get some large
free hosting service to support Rails than to start smaller startups based
on very low prices.

Just my 2 ? cents of course!
--
"May the source be with you"