Well, if anybody's curious, the reason that my PHP code broke after
running a mod_ruby script is that PHP doesn't touch the environment,
but mod_ruby replaces the environment with what would be provided to a
CGI script. My PHP stuff for getting a database connection relied on an
environment variable to supply the schema name, and so after running a
ruby script during testing, it would in the future connect to the wrong
database schema, giving me bogus information.

Adding a SetEnv directive to my http config ensured that the variable
is passed. However, it's arguably a bug that mod_ruby does not restore
the environment when it's finished processing a request, so that other
modules see apache's original environment rather than mod_ruby's
modified one.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs / cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org
      Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA