I have seen many different people asking for free Rails hosting.  As I
understand it, these people are looking for
a free/very cheap host to display their Rails apps on the public.
If/when those apps gain a large following, I am sure
that the developer of the app would migrate it to a higher-end, paid
server.  Until that point, however, their seems to be
a fair amount of people who could use some cheap/free Rails hosting.
So... I pose the question:

Would you utilize a service that offered Rails hosting for a fee
averaging around $1 a month?  This would be a fairly
fast machine running lighthttpd + FastCGI.  Bandwidth would not be very
large, but it should be enough to support
a small group based around that app.  This would serve as sort of
intermediate, testing stage for your new soon-to-be-a-hit
Rails app.

What do people think about this?

-Shalev