* Phillip Birmingham <pbirmingham / gmail.com> [0450 21:50]:
> > vim. not emacs. not freeride. not scite. not eclip*e.
>
> What about Pico?  <g,d,r>
>
> Seriously, I think everybody should know vi, but I personally think of
> it as being like a parachute -- if I'm using it, it's because
> something's gone horribly wrong.  If I'm using vi, I'm probably booted
> into single user mode off a rescue disc.

vim, not vi - vim fixes a lot of the annoyances of vi.

If you're in single user:

ed, man! man ed!

http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/ed.msg.html

> > On a side issue:
> >
> > I'm thinking of finding God, and I was wondering: Islam or Judaism?
>
> I'm thinking you're definitely needed in the "Java wants to beat us" thread.

I couldn't resist :)

--
'Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The x makes it sound cool.'
		-- Bender