On Saturday 02 April 2005 11:45 am, Francis Hwang wrote:
> After all, what's at stake is not, say, somebody selling launch codes,
> but some Apple employees leaking product information only a few weeks
> before those products were launching anyway. Apple called this a "trade
> secret" leak, but unless you imagine yourself to be up against some
> insane competitor who can clone your iPod Shuffle in two weeks, it
> seems like a fairly spurious claim to me.

In general, I agree with what you say, but I would point out that a competitor
doesn't necessarily have to clone your product in two weeks to do damage,
they merely have to announce a (somehow, somewhat) slightly better product,
without specifying a date.  (The expectation is that some people will put off
their buying decision.)

Randy Kramer