On Apr 1, 2005 10:20 AM, Joel VanderWerf <vjoel / path.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Austin Ziegler wrote:
>>> You may want to give krusader a try. The features list is quite
>>> impressive, it also supports sftp. It looks nice too :-)
>>>
>>> http://krusader.sourceforge.net/
>> This is the first thing that looks remotely close to Total
>> Commander in power. The next time I'm doing something with a
>> Linux desktop, I'll definitely give it a try.
> Konqueror does sftp, too. Just type sftp://path.to.file/you/want
> into the address bar.

What people seem to be missing here is that neither Nautilus nor
Konqueror is as easy to use for heavy-duty file manipulation as
Total Commander, because they're both single-folder display. (Sure,
you might have a quick list or a tree available, and with Konq you
can have a command line window, but these are of limited value
compared to what I can do with Total Commander.)

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca