On Mar 31, 2005, at 3:06 PM, David Heinemeier Hansson wrote:

> The choices you make as a programmer serves as indicators for your
> cultural standing and performance. The kind of books you read, the
> methodologies that you favor, the pastime projects you're involved
> with, and yes, your choice of programming language and computing
> environment.

I find the term "cultural" quite provocative here. Does 37signals have
any sort of cultural opinion--either official or de facto--about
Apple's recent lawsuit which argues that bloggers aren't journalists,
and as such can be required in court to divulge their sources? Does
37signals agree with this legal interpretation? Would it ever consider
using such an argument itself in litigation?

Francis Hwang
http://fhwang.net/