On Apr 1, 2005 3:24 AM, Ilias Lazaridis <ilias / lazaridis.com> wrote:
> [sidenote: this topic is not my main intrest. I've just noticed
> the high announce traffic - which simply looks amateurish when
> posted on the central usenet-group. I for myself will simply
> filter out the traffic.]

Aha. There's the problem.

I would suspect that more than half of the people whom you see
posting aren't posting to a Usenet newsgroup.

We're posting to a mailing list.

If you're going to judge "amateurish" and "pro" based on the threads
in a newsgroup or a mailing list, then there are other problems at
hand, and it's not with the presence or absence of certain
discussion threads.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com