Stephen Kellett <snail / objmedia.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> There is every point. Its a matter of fact, not opinion. Either you are
> right or you are wrong.

The world is not black and white, the world is gray.
There's always a "but".

> You are wrong on the price front as others have noted.

<http://osviews.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=23
50&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0>
<http://homepage.mac.com/jpapola/iblog/C142463209/E1992940857/>
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2002/06/13/deal/>
<http://www.apple.com/macmini/>

These are just examples (among hundreds of others, Google is your
friend) of why the 'overpriced' stance is not a fact, but usually an
uninformed out-of-context opinion.

I may not be right, but I am definitely not wrong either. The world is
not black and white, the world is gray.

> On the remaining two point you are taking the classic "I know
> better than thou" stance but refusing to provide the answers.

On the infamous 'one button mouse', here's a good read:
<http://www.gearlive.com/index.php/news/article/why_apple_makes_a_one_bu
ttoned_mouse_01280820/>

Now, saying that you hate Macs because they come with a one button mouse
is probably as moronic as saying that I hate Windows because it comes
with Internet Explorer (except that MSIE is proven to be technically
inferior to alternatives, while the one-button-mouse isn't). So yes,
Macs come with a one button mouse, here's your fact. So what ? How is
that a problem ? Leave it in the box and plug a multibutton mouse, OS X
will support it just fine. That's exactly the same as leaving MSIE alone
and downloading/installing Firefox (or Mozilla, or Opera, or whatever),
and if that is all you have to prove that Macs suck, I wonder who have
an attitude problem here... :>

Now, on the 'proprietary' thing, again you are being just vague and
out-of-context.

Proprietary software ? Go and have a look here:
<http://opensource.apple.com>

Not white (fully opensource), but also *very* far from being black, as
your "fact" would suggest.

Proprietary hardware ? As someone else already asked in this thread,
what is non-proprietary hardware exactly ? Does it really exist ? If
Apple's hardware is so proprietary and opaque, how is it possible that
you can run and install half a dozen Linux distros and/or BSD variants
on it ?

Again, you hating the Mac is not a problem for me, I really don't care,
it's your loss. You spreading FUD and presenting it as "facts", yes,
that is a problem for me. The world is not black and white, the world is
gray.

And now finally, I'd like to apologize to the group/list as a whole, I
promised to not followup and add more offtopic material and noise, but I
got enough insults by email after this (you know who you are) to at
least try to clarify.

--
Luc Heinrich - lucsky / mac.com - http://www.honk-honk.com