Martin Ankerl wrote:
>> It is something like an "prestige-object", too - only languages with
>> enouth traffic can create this seperate _usenet_ group (and fill it
>> with traffic).
>
> I strongly dissagree to make any decision based on prestige. Either do
> something because it makes sense, or dont do it.

Prestige is a nice side-effect.

Of course it makes sense - this is how usenet works.

> For me the [ANN] announcements in this newsgroup is perfectly ok, it is
> nice to have one central point where all the good discussion is going
> on.

It is one thing to be an (non-standard conformin) special language.

It is another thing to have standard conforming resources.

> I vote for keeping it as is.

there is nothing to vote yet.

If someone starts the process (which does not look so), an public vote
will take place, where you can vote against.

-

[sidenote: this topic is not my main intrest. I've just noticed the high
announce traffic - which simply looks amateurish when posted on the
central usenet-group. I for myself will simply filter out the traffic.]

> martinus
..

--
http://lazaridis.com