* Mark Probert <probertm / acm.org> [0318 20:18]:

> Clearly a troll, though I find his comments unfortunate.  I have worked with a
> lot of exceptional programmers.  Given that many of these projects where for
> embedded systems, their usage total of Macs was zero.  DHH clearly implies
> that they aren't worth their salt.  The same goes for those talented
> individuals I have worked with when we where doing client work on Sun boxes,
> on IBM AS/400s and so on.

But they don't 'wield them', do they? Not unless they're the size of king kong,
at least.

> The question that I personally ask myself is, given these comments, why would
> I want to use Rails when there are lots of alternatives?

The simple answer is 'because it's really good.'

The next question that springs to mind is:

'what the hell does the developers personality have to do with your choice
of tools?'

--
'The heroes claimed that they did care about people getting shot,
so they crashed their cars into them instead.'