On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> |When I looked for a persistence mechanism I was a bit
> |dissapointed by PStore, since it works by writing the
> |entire object hierarchy to disk for each transaction.

[...]

> Here's the version which avoids unnecessary update using MD5.
> This will be standard PStore in 1.7.

Nice idea with the MD5 sums, that should make PStore a really nice
persistence mechanism!
For server applications I'll continue dreaming about a building a
multi-threaded OODBM with optimistic locking and maybe nested
transactions.
Using DRb for distribution it should be possible to build a nice web
application server in less than a few thousand lines of code (in theory at
least).

/Anders