Ridiculous.  You're saying Rails (I'm assuming that's what you mean by
'best domain specific language for free') wouldn't exist if David used
Wintel?  Please describe how these two concepts are related.

Curt Hibbs has a good point, and I think he was completely
professional about it.  David's post _was_ pretty arrogant.  I
personally don't like OS X.  I don't like the idea of having to run my
OS only on proprietary hardware.  Nor do I like the Apple (and Gems)
method of giving applications separate directories.  And to be honest,
I'm not all that impressed with OS X's interface, as crazy as that
might sound.  I'm not going to "get over it" and switch. I've used OS
X computers and they're not for me.  I'm sure others have had similar
experiences.  And I'm sure others have used OS X and loved it.  Good
for them.

The fact is, you pick the environment you're most productive in and
you leave it at that.  Curt Hibbs and I (and whoever else) have a
right to be bothered by the article.  Paul Graham says a lot of
things; his opinion about what "the best hackers" use isn't really a
solid reason for me to consider shelling out a few thousand dollars
for what, to me, is not an ideal system.  David's post suggested that
everyone not using a Mac is being intentionally stubborn or stupid -
that they were too dumb to see that they should be moving to the Mac.
Curt Hibbs had a right to be frustrated, and I'm glad he brought it
up.

Bill Atkins

P.S.  I would have posted this comment on LoudThinking, but the
comments have been closed there.

--
$stdout.sync = true
"Just another Ruby hacker.".each_byte do |b|