Ray Schneider <ray / hackfoo.net> writes:

> Can anyone tell me how I might be able to force installation to a
> particular directory tree? For instance, ri's install.rb script?
> Im seeing what is developing into something of a pattern problem Im
> probably going to have to work out as I port things to OpenBSD's ports
> tree.

I seem to remember we had a brief discussion about this a while back
on the list. The request was to move ri's files out of the Ruby tree
and into directories such as /var/lib. The consensus back then seemed
to be to keep them in the Ruby structure. I was hoping back then that
someone could explain better the requirements of BSD packaging so I
could understand better the changes I'd need to make to ri to support
it. If someone has time to jot down a couple of lines that would be
very useful.

Dave