Just some random thoughts:

Does anyone know how ObjectDBM compares to PStore?
When I looked for a persistence mechanism I was a bit
dissapointed by PStore, since it works by writing the
entire object hierarchy to disk for each transaction.
Ideally I'd like to see something with the same nice
API as Pstore, with transactions and all, but that
would only write down the modified objects.
(I've done some experiments in implementing something
like this, but I haven't had the time to get anywhere
with it).
Perhaps Zope's ZODB could be connected to a Ruby
frontend somehow?

/Anders

=====