There is a server written in Ruby called WEBrick.  When you run
scripts/server, you're starting a WEBrick server for your Rails
application.  In production environments, WEBrick is generally not
used - the most common setup is FastCGI with lighttpd or Apache.
WEBrick is strictly for testing, from what I understand.

Bill

--
$stdout.sync = true
"Just another Ruby hacker.".each_byte do |b|