itsme213 wrote:

> "Rob ." wrote:
> > For completion I infer the possible classes of a variable, based on
> > what methods have already been called on it.
>
> What a nifty and simple heuristic! How well has it worked so far?

It works. Obviously the more unique method names are, the better the
type matching will be. Now I have a class/method cache implemented in
Java the performance issue has gone away. Previously I was doing
multiple calls out to ri from Java, which was very slow.

Outstanding technical issues include keeping the cache uptodate as the
code is being edited, and recognizing parent class methods and mixins.

As to whether it's useful, not sure, haven't done any Ruby development
with such a feature available before. I tend to think that navigation
features like, "find usages" and "find declarations" can prove more
beneficial during development.

> Will your completion list also show parameter names (just display, not
> insert into buffer)? That would also be a nice touch.

Yes, the completion list shows parameter names - it's inserting them
too at the moment.