Dnia Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:23:58 +0900, David Heinemeier Hansson napisaa):

> Rails does a bunch of start-up magic that makes CGI whole-fully
> unsuitable for anything more than asserting that it works.

Is it not strange? CGI PHP works quite fast. CGI adapter for pythonic
applications server Webware works even very fast. What's wrong with Ruby
and CGI? If it is so unuitable there should be warnings not to use CGI for
Rails at all. I set up first simple Rails using examples from the web. Why
every request consumes 100% of my AthlonXP 2800+ and takes so meny seconds?
I have enough RAM, fast (RAID stripe) disks.

It is a pity there is no binary version of mod_ruby for win32. I can find
only source tarballs. :(

--
JZ