Adelle Hartley wrote:
> It has been said that features like "intellisense" or "autocomplete" are
> difficult to implement for dynamic languages such as Ruby.

I've got *naive* method completion working in a development version of
the jEdit Ruby Editor Plugin. Not that difficult to implement after
all ...

In jEdit you can create file projects using the Project Viewer. I use
JRuby to parse the static contents of Ruby files in all projects and
create a cache of classes/modules/methods.

For completion I infer the possible classes of a variable, based on
what methods have already been called on it. Then I provide a popup of
the combined set of methods available for those classes, i.e. if it
quacks like a duck, it will probably waddle like one two.

Early days yet, but naive type based method completion is on the way.
I hope to have a working version out in a week's time; in the meantime
version 0.1 of the Ruby plugin for jEdit is available at:
http://www.jedit.org/ruby/

Rob