Robert Feldt <feldt / ce.chalmers.se> writes:

> Hi,
>
> My inpression is that the volume on ruby-talk has decreased after the rush
> following on Dave and Andy's book and articles last fall. Anyone got
> scripts for analyzing and confirming this?

Here's by-month volume from my own archives: I can't guarantee to have
absolutely everything, but I suspect the trend is about right:

     2000/08:    407 |********
     2000/09:    512 |**********
     2000/10:    751 |***************
     2000/11:    701 |**************
     2000/12:   1700 |**********************************
     2001/01:   1729 |**********************************
     2001/04:+   188 |***
     +partial

I agree: something dramatic has happened to the volume over the last
two weeks. I was beginning to suspect some kind of technical problem.
If interest is waning (which, judging from the comments I receive is
not the case), I wouldn't expect to see such a sharp drop-off.

Anyone got any ideas?

Dave