gabriele renzi wrote:

> I can say I agree with the tooltip thing.
> OTOH,"it crashes for me" is not very useful from a developer standpoint.

Well, it's better than nothing.  Now the developer knows it's not just
one person having problems, so it's less likely to be a site-specific
issue, and also that it has happened with multiple versions, so it's
more likely to be a fundamental bug, and also that it took me very
little time to crash it, so they have a pretty good chance of
duplicating it on their own.

Unfortunately, FreeRIDE is so unstable for me and so unenjoyable to use
that I don't find it worth any extra time to dig into it.  By contrast,
I actually spent a fair amount of time on issues with the Eclipse RDT
plugin authors because (1) it doesn't crash right away, and (2) it
provides novel and interesting features in a pleasant-to-use environment.

--
Glenn Parker | glenn.parker-AT-comcast.net | <http://www.tetrafoil.com/>