On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:13:17 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
<chneukirchen / gmail.com> wrote:

> J2EE apps can be abstracted rather well (I think), but Java doesn't
> allow going high-level enough to make coding bearable.  You notice
> that as soon as code generation, XDoclet etc. gets used.

Not to enter a J2EE sucks (not) flamewar, but one shouldn't confuse
misconceptions in J2EE with Java's own abstraction level.
As a Java/J2EE developper, I do think they are two completely
different things. Java is quite a good programming language. Simple,
elegant, and powerful. But J2EE is all crap ! Nobody should ever have
to write a single line of those fugly XML files. And, for that,
annotations can be the best thing in Java5.
But I'm here really off-topic.

--
Nicolas Delsaux
"Un langage de programmation est cens? ?tre une fa?on conventionnelle