On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 05:24:46 +0900, gabriele renzi
<surrender_it / remove-yahoo.it> wrote:
> Lasse Koskela ha scritto:
> > As a Java guy, I'm tempted to stick within my beloved workhorse and
> > not stray too far away from home. So far, I've only tried Scite and
> > FreeRIDE in addition to RDT and I have to say I'm not too pleased with
> > either. SciTE feels like coding with notepad, FreeRIDE crashed when I
> > typed in a 5-line hello world and tried to execute it.
>
> have you actually set up the nice scite features like simple
> autocompletion, multiple tabs and the likes?
> Also, how did you succede killing freeride?
> It may not be the most stable ide on earth, but It never crashed for me
> by just executing a script, so maybe there is something mesed up.

No, I haven't set up anything. Autocompletion and multiple tabs would
already be an improvement over what I experienced of SciTE, but it
still lacks a lot of the comfort I'm feeling with RDT.

The way I got FreeRIDE to crash was as follows:
1) Create a new class, my_calculator.rb, with the following code:
class MyCalculator
  def add(augend, addend)
    augend + addend
2) Execute (with F5)

Now I know it shouldn't do anything (there's no "main" code to
execute), but that time it crashed.

Also, when you try the automated "rename method" refactoring, the IDE
window loses focus and nothing else happens. No error messages,
nothing.

Oh, and I'm running WinXP as well. Poor me.

-Lasse-