From: Miles Keaton [mailto:mileskeaton / gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 6:09 PM
To: ruby-talk ML; shalev / simplyphysics.com
Subject: Re: Java for Rubyists

> I have been forced by the powers-that-be to learn Java.
> Is there some book out there somewhere that will teach Java without
> making me go mad from comparing it to Ruby?

Shalev -

I recently bought a "Head First" book on Design Patterns.   The "Head
First" series is SO good - SUCH a great way to learn something,
especially when you've already got a resentful attitude, and you're
going to need some help making it fun.

Try to go down to a bookstore to see this book in person:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/hfjava2/
... or at very least download the two sample chapters in PDF, there.

I can highly recommend it, and if you look over at Amazon, you'll see
that almost everyone else does, too.