--------------29589B3988DF422085F74694

patrick hennebery wrote:
<snip>
> > (which is probably why our Amazon sales rank is trending towards
> > infinity. Sigh)
> >

> > Dave
> >

> Its a lot harder to even imagine not buying a book when you actually talk to an author of the book and he puts on such a puppy dog face like that ;-). I feel bad for only ordering one, now.
>
> Patrick Hennebery

Well, here, this will make you feel better!  Since, as you commented,
you are teaching yourself to program, and, since, Dave didn't mention
it, I'll recommend Dave and Andrew's first book to you: "The Pragmatic
Programmer" (http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ppbook/index.shtml).  It
contains bunches of great practices and ways to refine your craft as a
developer.  I wish I'd been able to read this when I started way back in
'83.  There's alot of stuff in it I learned the hard way, and more that
I'd not thought of yet (having read it last year).  Highly recommended.

Hope you both feel better!  ;-)

Thanks,

Guerry
--------------29589B3988DF422085F74694

begin:vcard
n:Semones;Guerry
tel;cell:314-302-0324
tel;fax:314-919-1452
tel;work:314-919-1567
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.wwt.com
org:World Wide Technology;eBusiness Marketplace Development
adr:;;127 Weldon Parkway;Maryland Heights;MO;63043;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:gsemones / treenleaf.com
title:Senior Technology Architect
x-mozilla-cpt:;3