> > Few further testing on GUI application under windows: tcl
> > based application throws same error as tk based application
>
> You still need to install TK itself on the second machine. TK
> is not part of Ruby and, as such, is not embedded by
> RubyScript2Exe. The bindings between Ruby and TK are part of
> the Ruby environment and are embedded by RubyScript2Exe.
>
> If you have a look at init.rb in rubyscript2exe.tar.gz [1],
> you find an unused piece of code which tries to handle tk.
> Because I don't know how to build TK applications, I'm not
> quiet sure whether this works under all circumstances. At
> least, it used to work with some of the demos... Is somebody
> able and willing to test and correct this code?

I activated the TK-code, "compiled" you example (on Linux),
uploaded it to the compile farm of SourceForge (no Ruby, even
no X), started the application and voila: it works!

Shell A:

 $ ruby rubyscript2exe.rb test.rb
 $ tar c test_linux | nc -l -p -w 5

Shell B:

 $ ssh -X -R 1234:localhost:1234 .....
 $ nc localhost 1234 | tar x
 $ ./test_linux

I've no Windows at hand, so I can't test it. Anybody?

gegroet,
Erik V.