On 22 Mar 2005, at 08:41, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> It would be cool to have more elaborate bindings because the ones I
> have
> coded are rather minimal (that is, only what I need to have for the
> video
> plugin). In the future it would be cool to be able to have complete
> access to PureData objects, in the same way that the Python bindings to
> PureData can. Especially missing are ways to access audio buffers. I
> think
> it wouldn't be that difficult to implement, but I haven't needed them
> yet.
>
> What do you think about it? Is it overkill for your needs? What do you
> want to achieve with the audio library?

Hi Matju,

I replied to your email on the ruby-lang list, but perhaps you missed
it? I'll forward it in case.

Meantime I have a question about gridflow 0.7.7 compilation. If I
download the binary 0.7.7 release and just co ./configure, make, make
install, then make test, here's what I get on 'make test':

waldorf:~/Desktop/gridflowBinary/gridflow dc$ make test
rm -f core
(ruby       -w base/test.rb math) || ([ -f core ] && gdb `which ruby`
core)
objc: failed objc_getClass(NSObject) for GFView->isa->isa
objc: please link appropriate classes in your program
make: *** [test] Error 1
waldorf:~/Desktop/gridflowBinary/gridflow dc$

The install seems to have gone ok, but I get the same message from IRB
if I try "require 'gridflow' "...

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

cheers,

david