I've written a quick and dirty regular expression tester, but there's one
thing I'd like to try to clean up.

At the moment, to display all the groups, I have a series of print statements
like:

print $1.to_s + "\n"
print $2.to_s + "\n"
print $9.to_s + "\n"

Surely there's a more Ruby'esque way, but I haven't found it so far.  I'd like
to create a loop, or a range, or something and then iterate over it.  Here
are snippets of some of the things I've tried, but I don't seem to be making
any progress (and I'm shooting in the dark):

eval($#{i})

eval $#{i}

[1..9].each {|i| print $i.to_s + "\n"}

 [1..9].each {|i| print $#{i}.to_s + "\n"}

Is there a way to increment from $1 through $9 in some kind of loop?

Thanks!
Randy Kramer

(I know I'll feel dumb when somebody points out how simple it is, but ...)