On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:47:15 +0900, Daniel Amelang
<daniel.amelang / gmail.com> wrote:

> Tell us what you mean by 'haphazardly' ?
>
> I guess I just don't understand your question.

The first two times I read it, I thought he was referring to a
"!haphazardly" method, which was one I hadn't heard of yet.

I think what he was trying to ask was: Is there some reason why
certain methods, like Array#sort, have both a "bang" version (i.e.
Array#sort!) and a non-bang version (i.e. Array#sort), while other
very similar methods (like Array#sort_by) only offer one of those
choices? Why the inconsistency?