Phlip wrote:

> This has to have been on the YAML thought leader's Do List.
>
> Is there a library, or a snippet, out there that converts YAML to
esthetic,
> meaningful XHTML?
>
> I don't want to load the document into Ruby variables then stream them
with
> RedCloth because I'd lose the comments.
>
> Can I load the comments, too, and stream everything?

Here's JB's Syntax module:

http://jamisbuck.org/jamis/blog.cgi/programming/ruby/Syntax%200.7_20050323235420.tx

Here's a sample output:

is &lt;em&gt;em&lt;/em&gt;phatic text       ]

That's not cute enough. It's essentially a syntax highlighter for YAML. (And
as such, it missed the [] tags and lexically significant commas , .)

Ruby's magical extensiveness on Jamis Buck's Syntax::Convertors::HTML class,
I would also need the lexer to parse [] and , properly.

I might just spark up a TDD session and see how far I get with app-specific
code...