Hi,

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:04:47 +0900, Peter <somewhere / nospam.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ruby supports some interface to GTK, but from the FAQ it is unclear to
> which extent. Older documentation at rubygarden.org mentions that a port
> to GTK 2.0 is to be implemented.
>
> Fortunately Ruby is able to use the GTK-server package as well
> (http://www.gtk-server.org/). It runs with the preferred STDIN
> interface. The GTK-server provides almost unlimited access to graphical
> user interfaces using GTK. Due to the design of the GTK-server any GTK
> version can be used.
>
> Demoprograms with Ruby can be found at the examples section.

This is cool, but I use the standard Ruby-GNOME2 bindings, which
provide Ruby-GTK2 bindings as well. As I have some screenshots on the
Web, I feel I can show you what's possible with the Ruby-GNOME2
bindings:

1. Very simple and custom editor:
http://ruby.com.br/~pedrosa/ruby_editor.png

2. Very simple and custom IRC client:
http://ruby.com.br/~pedrosa/irconnector.png

3. Very simple and custom Master-Detail table editor:
http://ruby.com.br/~pedrosa/escolas.png

4. Very simple and custom Chess PGN viewer:
http://ruby.com.br/~pedrosa/chess.png

5. Very simple and custom Joel on Software sincronization program:
http://ruby.com.br/~pedrosa/jos_offline.png

(None of these are available for download, sorry. :-))

I have more of these, because the Ruby-GNOME2 is very good to base
some tools on it -- it supports Windows and Linux seamlessly.

Those GTK+ Mozilla bindings could be handy, too. But I'm yet to give it a try.

Cheers,
Joao