Jim Weirich wrote:
> On Thursday 24 March 2005 10:59 am, James Britt wrote:
>
>>Richard Kilmer wrote:
>>
>>>Well...documentation...no, but its a good idea to document.  Here is what
>>>you need to do in a nutshell (what kind of nut...):
>
> [...]
>
>>Perhaps this could be added to the RubyGems bookshelf?
>

> Done: http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/18#page81

Fast.

Here's another request or suggestion or something: Can that bit of code
be bundled up as a command-line script that ships with RubyGems, so that
one could run it on some specific directory and generate the gem distro
files?

For example, if I have a beta gem I want to offer up on my own gem
server site, I might run

% gem_host /usr/local/dev/james/stuff/beta

and create the proper gem server files for all gems in the given directory.

Basically, this is what I have right now, thanks to the provided code,
and it seems like it would make a handy addition to the base rubygems
feature set.

James