Carlos wrote:
> [Isaac Gouy <igouy / yahoo.com>, 2005-03-23 17.34 CET]
> > > Thus, I disagree that benchmarks are about applying some
> > > arbitrary programming paradigm to a set of languages, just so
> > > the "look" of the programs are similar.
> >
> > You're welcome to your opinion - and we're happy to include the
program
> > as an 'alternative'.
>
> Don't you think this is a little unfair?
>
> Maybe you didn't examine the program very well.

Here's where it gets unfair - our decisions about Shootout are
extremely time-constrained, so we never examine the programs very well.

Lots of opportunity for misunderstandings and mistakes - so be brief
and be clear and explain the programs for someone who's never seen the
language ;-)

-snip-
> Note that none of the other languages use arrays to represent the
vector,
> and none of them use loops to make these calculations.

Jabari: This is what I needed to know! (Brief and to the point.)

I read the comment in the code to mean that Jabari unrolled the main
loops - I hadn't even noticed the Ruby array/structs thing.