Martin DeMello wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis <ilias / lazaridis.com> wrote:
>
>>The above thread showed finally the need to split the evaluation down
>>into smaller chunks.
>>
>>Here is a simple evaluation template (first part) which can be applied
>>to the Ruby language:
>>
>>http://lazaridis.com/case/lang/index.html
>
> Okay, that's a neat bit of work. Here's a quick solution (ruby makes
> most of this fairly trivial):
>
> # here's your basic talker class
>
> class Talker
>   def sayHello
>     puts "Hello world"
>   end
> end

I will make a slight addition:

The application main code will be alternatively entered in a seperate
file, main.rb:

>   talker = Talker.new
>   talker.sayHello

How does "main.rb" gets knowledge about "talker.rb" ?

-

[...]
>   # string interpolation in action - the bit between the #{} can be
>   # any valid expression; to_s will be called on the result and
>   # interpolated into the string
>   def sayHelloAdvanced
>     puts "#{thisMethodName}: Hello World"
>   end
[...]

"#" is used as a comment marker _and_ partly within code.

Can I use another comment marker?

Can I write "puts "#{thisMethodName}: Hello World"" in an different
manner, without the use of "#"?

..

--
http://lazaridis.com