Thanks for that. Can I humbly suggest that Numeric#ago be changed to
Numeric#before? If we're trying to mimic English, you'd never say "10
days ago yesterday" in English, but you would say "10 days before
yesterday". So instead of making people call

10.days.ago( Time.now - 1.day )

they could call

10.days.before( Time.now - 1.day )

instead. And if Time.yesterday and Time.tomorrow had been defined, you
could simply call

10.days.before Time.yesterday

And maybe this would cause transitional issues, but it might be good to
redefine Numeric#ago to refer to a time relative to the current moment,
which is in line with what it means in English.

yesterday = 1.day.ago
last_monday = 8.days.ago

Similarly, Numeric#later could go the other way:

tomorrow = 1.day.later
next_tuesday = 6.days.later

And Numeric#after could add time to any arbitrary starting point:

three_days_later = 2.days.after Time.tomorrow

I'd submit patches for these, but they're all pretty easy.

On Mar 21, 2005, at 11:34 PM, Trans wrote:

> Ah, I hadn't removed the :nodoc: marker, so they didn't show up. Thanks
> for pointing that out. It's fixed now, although those particular
> methods aren't _fully_  documented yet. I'll do so for the next
> release.
>
> Thanks again,
> T.

Francis Hwang