Christian Neukirchen wrote:
>>But it seems to me that what people are really looking for is a way to
>>apply multiple methods to an object without having to retype it's
>>name:
>>
>>the_config_string_for_foo = $stdin.gets
>>the_config_string_for_foo.apply { strip!; downcase! }
>

> I like the idea of a safe instance_eval (one that doesnt circumvent
> privacy or has access to instance variables), and "apply" is a good
> name for that.

There's also the idea that everything in the group would be assumed to
be a method call, so that

frame.layer.button[3].apply do
   title = "Button title"
   size = :max
   pack!
   show
end

would be equivalent to:

frame.layer.button[3].title = "Button title"
frame.layer.button[3].size = :max
frame.layer.button[3].pack!
frame.layer.button[3].show

In other words, "title" and "size" would be accessor methods, and not
local variables within the scope of the frame.layer.button[3] instance.

Ben